Monday, January 6, 2014

Jordynne's Pay it Forward

~Part One~

What is 'Pay it Forward'?
Pay it Forward is a random act of kindness towards one or more people, and when they ask what they can do to pay you back, you tell them to pay it forward to more people by performing another random act of kindness and to pass on the message of Pay it Forward, and this creates an unending cycle of kindness.

~Part Two~

What was your Pay it Forward act of kindness?
My Pay it Forward act of kindness was giving out Happy Packages (made of a pencil, chocolate, a big smiley face sticker and a special Pay it Forward note in a small bag) to the grade eight teachers.

Why did you choose this activity?
I chose this activity because it was simple, quick, and unique, and it would've easily made someone happy if they were having a bad day.

Who did you help?
I helped out the grade eight teachers.

What did you do?
I made the Happy Packages at home and delivered them personally to the teachers the next day.

When did you do your act of kindness?
My act of kindness was done one 01-06-2014.



These Happy Packages contained a pencil, a smiley face sticker (it was in the back of that bag), a Ferrero Rocher chocolate, and a special Pay it Forward note.


The Pay it Forward note explained what Pay it Forward is and what you can do as an act of kindness. It also had a diagram of how Pay it Forward  spreads out to different people.

~Part Three~

How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness went better than I expected.

What happened?
I personally gave the packages to three of the grade eight teachers. When I did, they were really happy. For the other two teachers, I just dropped it off on their desk as a little 'surprise', so they could have a little spark in their evening.

How did you feel?
It was heartwarming that I was able to make these people smile with a simple goody bag. Instead of just standing around, I was able to make a tiny difference in someones day, and I feel really happy about that.

How did the person or people react?
The teachers that I personally gave the packages to gasped and smiled. They looked so surprised, as if someone never gave them a Happy Package before! I have yet to know the reactions of the other two teachers.

Did you ask the person or people to Pay it Forward?
Sadly, I didn't have the time to.

How did they react to your request?
~see above~

If you did not ask the person to Pay it Forward, how come?
I didn't ask them because I had to rush to the other teachers before they left. On the bright side, I put a Pay it Forward note in the bag that explains how it works and what they could do.

~Part Four~

Why is the act of Pay it Forward important?
The act of Pay it Forward is important because everybody needs to be kind at some point in their lives. Whether it's helping someone pick up their belongings off of the ground or caring for a homeless person without your parents' permission, every little kind thing you do makes a difference, and when you tell those people to pass on the message of Pay it Forward, you activate an unending cycle of people making a difference in the world.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
Yeah, my act of kindness made a difference by making a few peoples day a bit brighter and happier. By doing this, they'll know that someone cares, and they can pass it on to so many more people so they know that there is always someone who cares about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment